Please be advised, WE ARE NOT A STANDARD KENNEL FACILITY. Pups and Mutts’ provides an open environment for boarding socialized and friendly dogs.
- Aggressive dogs cannot and will not be accepted.
- Female dogs in heat cannot and will not be accepted.
- All dogs must pass an evaluation to ensure they play well with other dogs and people to participate in day care group play. Non-social boarding guest will not be allowed to participate in group play; however we will accommodate individual play time.
- All dogs must be at least 3 months old to ensure they’ve had enough time to build up their immune system.
- All vaccinations – Rabies, DHLPP, and Bordetella – must be current. Please provide proof of vaccination prior to check in. Only veterinarian administered vaccinations will be accepted.
- Pets 7 Months or older must be spayed or neutered.
- Current flea and heartworm prevention is required at all times.
We highly recommend making reservations to hold a spot for your dog!
- Set up a personal account on our customer portal, enter your Pups information and upload vaccinations and request a reservation. Or
- Click the hyperlinks to fill out the Pet Profile form and read and sign our Client Agreement and we will set your account up.
- Provide your dog’s vaccinations record. Please have your vet email or fax the vaccination records to us. These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 512-268-9165. By signing the Client Agreement, you will be authorizing your vet to release those records to Pups & Mutts.
- We will monitor boarding guest for temperament style on their first day. This will allow us to determine if they are a good fit for Day care or will need individual play time during their stay with us.
If your dog does not like other dogs, he or she may not enjoy the day care environment. Every dog is different. We want you and your dog to be happy with our services, so we promise to be honest with you if we feel day care or the group play environment isn’t a good fit. Safety is our number one priority and some dogs just do not do well in group play. For our boarding guests who are not candidates for group play, individual playtime and potty breaks will be made available.
No. The boarding rate is all-inclusive and all social boarding pups join the day care group each weekday and participate in similar activities on Saturday and Sunday.
We do not discriminate based on breed; however, an open play environment is not suitable for all dogs. Dogs staying at Pups & Mutts must complete a temperament evaluation so we can assess how they interact with other dogs. All dogs must be over 3 months old, be spayed or neutered (if they are over 7 months of age), and be current on vaccinations. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept dogs that show aggression towards people.
Although we do our best to minimize any injury to your dog, during normal play a dog may get small scratches, nicks, and lose small patches of fur. Although rare, it is possible for more serious injuries to occur.
We quickly assess the situation to determine a plan of action. Depending on the situation, we will either take your pet to the closest vet or, in non-emergency situations, we will make an effort to take them to their regular vet. We always attempt to contact the owner to get their permission for our chosen course of action.
This depends on the health issues. There are certain illnesses that don’t mix well in a social environment. Our staff cannot give your dog intravenous injections; therefore, we cannot accept dogs that require intravenous injections. We also cannot accept dogs with communicable diseases or parasites. There are other health issues such as ear infections, arthritis, glaucoma, diabetes and cancer, which we are usually able to accommodate. It is best to discuss any possible issues with a staff member.
Yes, we separate dogs into our play areas based on size, temperament, and activity level.
Your dog gets to play all day so, naturally, they are tired at the end of the day. Often when you take your pet home, they may curl up and go to sleep.
Water is available at all times in all of our play and boarding areas. Playing hard all day is just as strenuous as exercising. Even though water is available, after a car ride home, it will probably be time for your pet to drink more water to help re-hydrate after a hard day of play.
We require bringing your dog’s food from home. We provide clean bedding. If you wish to bring toys, bedding, or anything else that will help make your dog feel more at home, please feel free to do so. In fact, we encourage that you do!
No. We do not have staff that spends the night with the dogs, but we do have monitored security, heat sensors, and an alarm system. If your dog requires overnight monitoring, your best option may be in-home pet care or medical boarding, which is provided by most veterinary hospitals.
We require bringing your dog’s food from home. We will happily feed your pup our food if it becomes necessary, but to avoid upset tummies, it is best that your pup has his/her own food during his/her stay with us. If you would rather we feed your dog our house food, we can do so for an additional charge.
If you call and let us know you are running late, you can pick up by 7:00 pm with an additional $10 charge. Anything after 7:00 pm or if we are unable to reach you by phone/email will result in an automatic overnight stay at $35 (in addition to the day care charge already paid for that day). You will be asked to pick up your pup between 6:30 am and 11:30 the following morning.
Yes. For overnight boarding, we definitely need a reservation. Depending on the time of year, we can often accommodate short notice or same day notice (if your dog has previously completed the required forms and proof of vaccination). Please be aware that holidays, such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, book several months in advance and other holidays book several weeks in advance. We require a credit card to hold a boarding reservation. You may also be asked to provide a deposit to reserve your pups’ accommodations.
To help insure our staffing ratios, we request that a reservation be made in advance for dog daycare, although we can often accommodate same day notice.
Pups & Mutts will accept cash, check, Master Card, Visa and Discover for payment. However, we require a credit card to be on file.
We board pets during the holidays, with a minimum of 2 night stay. However, our lobby is closed for New Years Day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Rest assured our boarded guests will be taken care of by scheduled staff members. Day care will not be offered during these days.
Pups & Mutts requires 24 hour notice to cancel reservation for non- holiday reservations for a full refund. Holiday reservations require cancellations a minimum of 72 hours prior to schedule date of arrival for a full refund. There will be NO refunds if cancellation occurs less than 24 hours for non-holiday reservations and within 72 hours of holiday reservations. Any “No Shows” will not be issued a refund. No refunds will be issued if you pick up your pet earlier than scheduled. We require a credit card on file at the time a reservation is made to uphold this policy.